The Executive Committee of the PGA of Nigeria at its recent meeting has declared opened the Qualifying School 2014/2015 session with effect from 17th February 2014. In respect of this, the following is for the attention of prospective Trainers and Trainees.
ELIGIBILITY OF A TRAINER
1. Must be a Head Resident Golf Professional with not less than 10 years as a member of the Association and fully equipped with all training facilities.
2. Must not train more than three (3) Trainees.
3. Any member of the PGA of Nigeria above 10 years in the Association under a Head Resident Golf Pro can only train trainees subject to the approval of the Head Resident Golf Pro with a letter of consent to the Association.
All Trainees must be resident in the same Club where they are undergoing training. A monitoring team will be set up by the PGA of Nigeria to visit Trainers from time to time to ascertain the level of training given to Trainees.
All Trainers are expected to collect a minimum of Two hundred thousand naira only (N200,000) as Training Fee from a Trainee, out of which 10% (N20,000) will be paid to the Association.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TRAINEES
1. Must be golfer in any recognized Golf Club.
2. Must have distinguished himself as a good golfer with good character in the golfing circle.
3. Must possess a minimum educational qualification of WASSCE SSCE/GCE O’LEVEL or its equivalent.
The Training School opens from the 17th of February 2014 while the 31st of May is the closing date for the submission of training form. The form is available at the Secretariat of the Association for collection by the Trainer with a non-refundable fee of N15,000.
There shall be a two-day Seminar/Pre-Qualifying Round for Trainees at a date and venue yet to be fixed. Attendance/participation is compulsory for Trainees. A Seminar Fee of N10,000 shall be paid by each Trainee on or before the Seminar date.
The Qualifying School (Final) date, venue and other requirements will be communicated to you in due course. However, Trainees shall pay an Accreditation Fee of N15,000 before the commencement of the Qualifying School final.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW INTAKES
Upon satisfactorily fulfilling the conditions of the Qualifying School, new intakes into the Association would be required to pay the prevailing Joining Fee (To be announced later) and complete necessary documentation at the Secretariat.
Yours in golf,
Leave a Reply